Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mexico, Day Cinco

We woke up super-early for breakfast a Cocotal and hopped in the van, which came to pick us up for the Snorkel Extreme excursion. It was about an hour drive, with several other couples, to a camp where they offered zip lining, repelling into a cave, snorkeling in the cenote, and snorkeling with the turtles in the ocean. We did it all, and I'm so glad we did!!


First was zip lining. All the pictures are of me because I made Dukey go first. I was beyond terrified, but believe it or not, there was a girl on our trip who was more scared than me. I have seriously never seen anyone turn colors like that before. We climbed a tall tower, made of bamboo and were latched on tight as soon as we got to the top level. There were three different levels, and you had to do all of them unless you wanted to walk in the jungle by yourself. And I didn't. We had already seen a boa constrictor on the way to the first tower, so that in itself made me jump. The ride down was awesome. We went over the jungle, and could see all the different plants and trees. On the last zip line, you even went through the trees and grazed them as you went by.

See that tiny pink dot?? Yeah, that's me!
Again, please excuse the glistening :)

Then came the repelling. Once again, we had to climb to a very tall tower, get strapped in, lean back completely off the edge of the tower, and repel into the cenote. Let's just say Dukey was a little scared of this one.


After repelling, we went for a very refreshing swim in the cenote. It was absolutely freezing, but I'm pretty sure that was the only time throughout the whole trip that we even thought about being cold.

We then had lunch at a local place. We had chicken tacos, watermelon, and a real live Coke. No diet, real Coke.

We piled back in the van and headed for the ocean. We got to see lots of different turtles and even a Barracuda!! It would have been easy to drift away from the group, so Dukey and I held hands the whole time and took pictures with our underwater camera.


We came back just in time for a snack at Jo Jo's. We were so hungry from all the activities we did. I ordered a cheeseburger. American, with no guacamole. And it was the best meal of my life I'm pretty sure.


We chose to go to the Italian restaurant, D' Italia, that everyone was raving about. We have the funniest stories from that restaurant, one including a very, very cross-eyed waiter.


Our soups...

Our meals...


And dessert...

After dinner, we caught the end of the show and saw this...

WOWZERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment