Monday, May 23, 2011

Mexico, Day Dos

On Monday, we woke up early and met with the Olymus representative and scheduled our excursions. He was very helpful to us, and we a're very happy with the excursions we picked. He referred to me as "Kate", and to Dukey as "Jack" because he swore I looked exactly like Kate from lost. Some things never change, even in Mexico! On our way to the lobby, we even snagged a pic with an iguana!! These guys were everywhere, and would let you get very close to them.



We were able to grab a cabana at the pool and I took a nap while Dukey read a book. The cabanas were the hot item the whole trip because they blocked the sun and provided a wonderful breeze.




We left our stuff at the cabana and went to lunch at the Pizzeria. At this restaurant, these little black birds roamed around freely, but did not bother anyone at all.


This is what I ate. We were halfway done eating before I remembered to take pictures, so we only have pictures of my meal.


We spent the rest of the day laying in the lounge chairs at the pool and reading. At dinner time, we decided to go to the Japaneese-inspired restaurant, called Kampai. We knew it was going to be a hit when we were told we would have to wait about 30 minutes for a table, which did not happen anywhere else.

This was the best meal we had the entire time. I started off witht he California Roll and Dukey ordered the Spring Roll for his appetizer.

I can't remember what the name of Dukey's meal was, but here it is.


I had the Mahi-Mahi for my main course, and we shared the pineapple fried rice. YUM!


The dessert was the best part of all, though. Fried ice cream. Yeahhh. It was absolutely unbelievable. We won't even discuss what Dukey got because he was very, very jealous of my order.

We headed back to the room for bed right after dinner, because we knew we had to get up bright and early the next morning for our first excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment