Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All Made Up

For anyone out there who is in the market for good make-up products, I'm about to enlighten you. Since there are very few people in Rome who do make-up and since I love doing it so much, I decided to do my own make-up the day of the wedding. Proof:



My mom and I ventured to Sephora in Kennesaw for a makeover, and to learn a few tricks of the trade. Sephora offers a really good deal; they charge $50 per makeover, and you get a $50 gift card to use towards your purchase. My make-up artist even threw in samples of some of the pricier products she used so we didn't have to buy them. I loved my make-up so much, I have incorporated pieces of it into my every-day look. Here are some of my favorite items suggested by my make-up artist:

Face.

Foundation. Laura Mercier. Oil free. I normally use BareMinerals for my every day foundation because it is sensitive on my skin, but this foundation did not cause one break-out, which is highly unusual for me. Very long-lasting and natural.



Powder. MAKE UP FOREVER. HD Microfinish Powder To Go. Translucent finishing powder; takes the shine away. Trick: Apply it after you apply your foundation and before you apply your blush once. Repeat after blush is applied.



Concealer. LANCOME. TEINT MIRACLE Instant Retouch Pen. Light and airy product that gets the job done. Trick: Apply to inside corners of eye for brightening & apply a straight line down the center of nose for highlighting effects.



Blush. Dior. Diorskin Shimmer Star in Rose Diamond. Trick: Apply to apples of cheeks.



Bronzer. Dior. DiorBlush in Sunkissed Cinnamon. Trick: Apply just under cheek bones.



Eyes.

Eyeshadow. laura mercier. Metallic Creme Eye Colour in Platinum. Trick: Apply to whole eye lid under LANCOME. Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Sienna Sultry. Easy to follow directions for highlighting and contouring.





Liner. MAKE UP FOREVER. Aqua Creamliner in Matte Black. So easy to apply & looks beautiful on, makes eyes stand out. Trick: Only apply to lid. Applying under eye closes eyes up & makes them appear smaller.



Mascara. MAKE UP FOREVER. Lash Fibers. "Chunks" lashes & makes them appear fuller. Trick: Apply under LANCOME. HYPNÔSE DRAMA Instant Full Body Volume Mascara. One word: lash drama!






Lips.

Liner. MAKE UP FOREVER. Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in Light Rosewood.



Lipstick. LANCOME. COLOR DESIGN - Sensational Effects Lipcolor - Smooth Hold in Love It!



Trick: For longer lasting make-up, apply Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray eye shadow primer, & Benefit Cosmetics lip primer before application of products listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment