Monday, April 11, 2011

The Remains of The Cake


There is only one word to describe our wedding cake: divine. I have pictures of the cake, but I refuse to upload until I have the one that does this cake justice. As previously mentioned, we love Harvest Moon Cafe. Lucky for me, they also have a bakery :)

The cake contained: two layers of red velvet, one layer of strawberry, and one layer of vanilla cake. The whole confection was iced with cream cheese icing and it was stunning. Our wedding planner recommended enjoying our top layer now and buying a new one for every anniversary. Sounds great to me. In order to distract myself from eating the whole dang thing, I was forced to take it to school with me and share it with the teachers (the top layer, that is; there was not a single crumb of the rest of it that made it out alive). Pooter... Weight Watchers has really killed my ability to gorge obscene amounts of cake in one sitting.

A family friend of The Dukes' created his cake and it was also amazing. It was modeled after the sand castle The Duke built at the beach and hid my ring in on the day he proposed. A picture will be posted shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment