Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baubles


Pictured to the right are our brand new baubles as a result of the wedding. The Duke chose two bands for my engagement ring, one on either side. He had them soldered together the week before the wedding and the product was perfection! Kudos to The Duke on the perfect finishing touch! For his wedding ring, I chose a simple yellow gold band with a small milgrain trim on either side. It was engraved with the date of the wedding and the scripture that was read by a dear friend during the ceremony. Before pictures on our wedding day, we had a "first look", where we exchanged surprise gifts for one another. The Duke had the diamond out of my Mimi's engagement ring encircled by smaller diamonds and had the pendant put on a delicate necklace to match my ring. The gesture was so sweet and was one of the few moments that brought me to tears. The Duke's favorite (and only) jewelry pieces he actually wears are watches, so I surprised him with an Automatic Bulova Skeleton watch. He rarely buys anything for himself (especially jewelry for that matter), so I wanted to do something special for him. This present is the only present from me I have ever been able to keep a secret until I gave it to him. I was pretty impressed with myself and it made giving him the watch all the more special! All pieces will be treasured by us forever and will always bring back happy memories of the first time we saw each other on our wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment